The Accelerated 5-Week Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Training Program is designed as a fast-track to EMS certification for individuals with previous EMR, lifeguarding or related experience. It is also appropriate for individuals who can dedicate adequate time to course study, in addition the the four hour per week intensive program.
It is imperative, registrants dedicate adequate study time to dedicate to the program in addition to the scheduled 40 hours of classroom / skills time per week.
The course runs Monday through Friday for 5 Weeks, from 8:00 AM to 5:30 PM
After successful completion of the Defib This, 5-Week EMT Training Program, We will assist our students with registration for their NREMT examination. Registration will take place on the last day of the program.
The EMT Course has three components:
1. Didactic (160 hours): technical, theory and practical hands-on education
2. Clinical (24 hours): field training (2 EMS ride-alongs) with a minimum of 10 patient contacts
3. Testing (12 hours): weekly exams, midterm, and final exam
Through lectures, interactive presentations, skills labs and simulations, you will build the knowledge and skills to care for patients. Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be eligible to take the national registry exam required prior to applying for California State EMT certification.
This course meets all the educational requirements for the certification process as specified in the regulations of the State of California Emergency Medical Services Authority.
Upon enrollment in the EMT Program, students have to pay the total tuition fee immediately (including the Non-Refundable Registration Fee).
The student is responsible for certain necessary fees associated with the program. These associated fees are approximated in your confirmation email.
Program Withdrawal Policy:
- If the student needs to withdraw from the program, they must do so prior to seven days before the first day of class in order to obtain a refund of charges paid (excluding the Non-Refundable Registration Fee)
- To withdraw from the EMT Program, the student must deliver a typed and signed Intent to Withdraw Notice to Defib This at the mailing address below:
Defib This Emergency Response Training
1543 Pacific Avenue, Suite 104
Santa Cruz, CA 95060 USA
- If the above conditions are met, Defib This will refund the amount paid for institutional charges, less the Non-Refundable Registration Fee listed below.
Defib This Accelerated EMT Program Non-Refundable Registration Fee - $950.00
- As of 7 days before the start date of the program, Defib This shall NOT refund any portion of the amount paid for institutional charges.
- The refund policy only applies to the student's original program start date; no refund will be permitted if a student transfers to a later semester.
- The Program Withdrawal Policy applies to Payment Plans in that the student will continue to be charged on schedule, as stated in the Promissory Note.
- If you are eligible for a refund under the conditions above, it will be granted to you within 45 days after the school receives your written Intent to Withdraw notice.
- Dismissal from the EMT Program does not relieve the student from any remaining payment owed.
Criminal Background Agreement:
It is important you are aware that certain types of criminal records may preclude you from obtaining your EMT certification.
On July 1, 2010 California instituted new criminal background regulations for EMT certification. The regulations are more stringent than they have been in the past. All felonies are automatic preclusions and many misdemeanor offenses (including some which have been expunged) have been added for certification denial. Any student concerned about something in their background should consult with the EMS Agency for more information. An offense on your driving record may not necessarily preclude you from EMT certification, but could prevent you from employment with certain EMS service providers.
Please reference the latest EMS Authority Regulations and NREMT Criminal Conviction Policy for details.
By registering for this EMT Program, you recognize, understand and accept that previous or future criminal offenses may affect your ability to obtain your EMT certification and/or employment in this field.
By registering for the EMT Program, you agree to all terms of the Tuition Agreement, Program Withdrawal Policy, and Criminal Background Agreement as stated above.